Monday, January 30, 2012

An Apartment?

There's a mailing list for English speakers in Cotacachi and those of us who want to join them. It's simplicity itself.  If I have anything I want to tell everyone on the list, I send Jack my email and he forwards it to the entire list.

Two days ago there was an email saying someone wanted to sublet her efficiency apartment, fully furnished right down to the silverware, internet and cable, utilities, everything, from March 16 through the end of October.  The price?  $350/mo.

I couldn't help myself.  I jumped on it and emailed the woman who had the apartment and started emailing back and forth.  She sent photos of a very new or newly remodeled apartment that are lovely.  It's definitely the South American style but it's really fabulous.  It's a bit short on storage but I'm sure i can fix that in no time flat.  I'm thinking a nice used bookcase or two, some local baskets to store things in, and I'm good to go.

Now I just have to calculate my finances to make sure I can not only get there but be able to get through to the next month as well.  It's going to be tight but I have confidence I can get it done.  The indoor yard sales will happen on February 18th and 25th.  Whatever is left after that gets given away.  The "Friends and Family" sale will begin the week before the actual sale--just give a call or send an email and we'll set up a time for you to come by.

With any luck I'll be able to get some photos posted on here so you can see what kind of things are available.

Speaking of pictures, earlier today I received some of the apartment in Cotacachi.  They're in an email and I'll have to spend a wee bit of time figuring out how to get them from there to here but as soon as I do, you'll see them as well.

Coming up: Apartment Photos

1 comment:

  1. Cynthia, I really enjoy your blog. We've lived in Ecuador for two years and it's good to see it again through fresh eyes. I love your picture of Imbabura from your apartment terrace with the old tile roof in the foreground. It says it all about Cotacachi. You will be a wonderful addition to our community. Bienvenidos! Jim

    ReplyDelete