Sunday, January 29, 2012

How It All Started -- Part 2

My friend and I kept talking about moving to Cotacachi.  We had even discussed the possibility of moving down there together.  She could find a small house with the guest house or a large house with lots of private space for each of us.  The reason for the living together part was that while she was up here in the States, I would be there to keep an eye on everything--to be her house sitter.

Eventually I realized that when she went or not, I was going to move down there.

She went on a second trip, specifically designed for people who were considering moving down there.  When she came home she decided she really didn't want to move down there for several reasons.  I was still hooked.

The research continued.  The two reasons to move that I couldn't seem to resist were the cost of living and the weather.  My body doesn't react well to hot or cold at all well anymore.  The consistent temperatures are so seductive to me.  When you pair that with all the other things I found, it was a no-brainer for me.

Coming up next: links, links, and more links.

No comments:

Post a Comment