Sunday, July 1, 2012

Photo Roundup July 1, 2012

Wow!  It's already July!  Half the year is gone and I have no idea where it went.  Well, wherever it went, there's still lots to come and I can hardly wait to share it with you.

Some of these photos have been hanging around for a little while but I figured I'd better get them tucked in here or I'd forget about them completely, so here we go!

This was taken almost a month ago.  I had someone come help me with some cleaning and she enjoys having TV on while she works.  This was the first scene that came up after the TV was turned on and I couldn't resist trying to grab a photo.  This is from a telenovella (soap opera) and it would appear that woman is the maid.  I was totally blown away.  It's not something we're used to seeing in the States.  Yet another thing that's very different than what I'm used to.  Some days it's tougher than others to leave my attitudes back there.


This is how most churches and church schools advertise what's coming up that they want the rest of the community to know about.  It's very handy because there is no local newspaper or any other way to know when things are happening if we don't hear about it from the email list.  I know the people around here probably know what's coming up but they have their Spanish-speaking community to learn from.  I'm hoping to make a few local friends once my Spanish improves but until then, these signs are helpful.

I collect photos of doors.  There's just something about them that I love.  I have a ton of them from here in Cotacachi and I keep seeing more that I want to go around and photograph one of these days but I couldn't pass this one by.  The white blotches are hand prints.

This delightful fellow (and his little friend above his head) are in a restaurant I just discovered last week.  I'll be devoting a whole blog post about it once I have a chance to have one of their pizzas but for today you get to see my favorite part of the restaurant so far--the frog sculpture.  Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment