Thursday, December 20, 2012

Cotacachi Park and Procession

So, here I am with my new computer all up and running and I can write a blog post in less than half an hour, including uploading photos (assuming they are already processed) and I have pictures from events back to September--possibly earlier--I'll have to check.  How shall I handle this?  Do I got back and start writing the posts in chronological order or start with right now and move back?  It's a dilemma--a small dilemma I will admit but a dilemma nonetheless.

Here's the decision I came to--I will start with the Christmas photos I have, then I will do the ones from each day I take them.  On the days I don't have anything to photograph I'll start tucking in ones from months past. I'll probably mention this again for new readers who may be wondering why in the world I have pictures from four months ago but I wanted to share my process with you.  Please feel free to offer your opinion if you think there's a better way to handle it.  I'm always open to suggestions.

Here we go with Christmas pictures from this month. On the evening of the 16th I was on my way home from a friend's and I heard music from the park and headed down to see what was happening.  It was the first procession I had seen--possibly the first of the season but I heard a rumor that they had started the night before.  At any rate, here are a couple of procession photos:
You can see pretty much the whole procession.  As I said, these are little groups of people.  I need to do a little more research but I believe they are from neighborhoods rather than an organization of some sort.

I think the little angels were my favorite (no one is surprised by that are they?).

While I was right there in front of the park of course I had to get some shots of the displays there.

All of these were taken inside the enclosure right across from the municipal building.  One manger scene is definitely not enough here.  In front of the Christmas tree there are two very small ones.

Here is the life-sized nativity scene.  Frequently in the States you will see the baby Jesus in the manger right away but here they don't put him in there until  Christmas morning.

On a more secular note, the reindeer are out and shining.  I'm not quite sure Santa's in the sleigh but the reindeer are cute.

I may have to see if I can get more pictures in the park since there are also many other little decorations that are quite cute.  I love small town Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment