Thursday, January 24, 2013

Photo Roundup January 24, 2013

Today is the day I return from Mindo.  I'm quite certain I won't be writing any blog posts tonight and probably not tomorrow so I decided to share some of my photos that are just fun, interesting, or both.

I LOVE this guy.  He was here in town with his friend (wife, partner, whatever) and I made the mistake of assuming he wasn't from here because of his attire.  It may not show up adequately here but those are silver lamé plants.  When I asked, in English, if I could take his picture, he responded in Spanish.  Uh, once again with the assumptions on my part.



He and his lovely companion.

I've shown these bicycles before but here they're decorated for Christmas.  I think it's a great way to bring attention to their store with the added benefit of always having a parking spot available for their personal vehicle.

Cuy (guinea pig) prepared in the traditional way, grilled on a spit over a fire, with side dishes.  I know it looks a little, um, well, something, but it's very good.

For those of you who think of the handmade clothing here as traditional and dull, not all of it is.

This is just one of the things I walk past on a regular basis that I finally took a photo of.  It's the branch of a bush that has wound itself through the fence and has grown there long enough that the only way to get it out would be to cut down the bush.  It's quite lovely.

Kids getting ready to go back to their village after school.  You'll see two more of these trucks on the other side of this one.  

There you are for today.  I'll be back with fresh blog posts in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment