Friday, February 22, 2013

Photo Roundup -- February 22, 2013

Enjoy some miscellaneous photos that didn't warrant their own blog post but I wanted to share with you.

I have many visitors to my roof and I hear just about all of them.  The noisiest (because of their size) are the kitties.  These two are the most frequent visitors and they look like they do pretty well in the eating arena.  There are enough smaller critters around that I suspect they don't want for much food.  They're a little hard to catch on camera but this isn't a terrible shot of them going from the wall that makes up one of the sides of my house as well as the fence around the property to my roof.



Here they are just before they headed for the roof.  They felt relatively secure tucked behind the leaves of the guava tree.  They were more curious than concerned.  Chances are, these are street kitties.  A friend of mine said that when people tell her there are a lot of street dogs but they never see any street kitties she tells them it's because they're not looking up.  There are, indeed, a lot of cats here in town but they stay up on the rooftops and walk along the walls.  It's one of the advantages of having buildings that are right up against one another--it's easy for the cats to move about anywhere on the block without having to get down on the ground.

I was taking my trash out one morning (that would be around 7:00) and this guy rode past on his horse.  I had my purse with me because I want on my way somewhere else as well and I decided to see if I could get a picture before they got all the way away.  They stopped at a tienda (store) so he could pick up a few things so I was able to not only get a picture but ask his permission to do so.  He wasn't overly talkative and I didn't get a chance to photograph him on the horse but I was pleased to have gotten this much.  It still amazes me that I have horses wandering past when I'm right in the middle of town.

Speaking of animals, I know this is just a bug rather than a real animal but it's almost big enough to qualify!  I'm not sure what kind of insect it is but it's definitely big!  My friend said she wondered if it might not be a rhinoceros beetle because of the huge horn at the front of its head.  It's the center leg-like thing on the left.  This one is dead and I've never seen one running around and I really have no desire to but it sure is an interesting looking thing.

This is just the sun glinting off a cutting board but I just loved the design it made.

When you need to put a tarp over the house where you're replacing the roof, you might need a way to hold it down.  No problem--just tie a sack of dirt to the bottom of the tarp and you're good to go.

I'll keep taking the odd photo or two that don't really have anything to do with anything else just because I love their look.  I hope you enjoy some of them, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment