Thursday, March 8, 2012

I'm Here!

I don't have much time to write right now but I wanted to be sure everyone knew I got here all safe and sound--with my baggage.  Customs was a piece of cake.  Someone helped me get my bags to a taxi (large van) and when I got to my hotel three very strong-looking young men carried them up to my room.  It's a good thing my plane from Minneapolis to Atlanta got in early because I just barely made my connection.  The gate was a very long ways down endless corridors.  They were calling my name over the PA system before I arrived.  They were very nice about it, though.

The traffic here is not to be believed.  They drive like crazy people, especially taxis and I saw taxis everywhere.  Honestly, there may have been more taxis than privately owned vehicles.

My room is pretty basic--OK, VERY basic but it's clean and has what I need.  Oh, when I was taking a shower this morning, the shower head fell off but I was able to finish my shower without it.

With what little Spanish I know and some charades, I've been understood everywhere so far.

I'm leaving here in half an hour to go to Cotacachi so I'd better make sure I'm all packed and ready to go.

More later as I have time energy, and an internet connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment