Tuesday, March 6, 2012

It's Almost Time

The last few days have bee a whirl of packing activity.  There is absolutely no way I could have done this without my daughter.  She has worked her fingers yo the bone packing my bags.

Last night we brought all the bags down to her house and today I get to be a woman of leisure without having to look at disaster area that was once my apartment.  It also means I get to spend some time with my youngest sister.  It's been so wonderful to see Dad, Mom, both sisters, and friends before I go.  The only sad part is that I won't get to see my youngest grandchild.  She's coming for spring break but she arrives two days after my departure.  Timing sucks.i guess that just means she'll have to come visit me in Ecuador.

Tomorrow I'll arrive at the airport 3 hours before my flight just in case security has an issue with something--oh,and also to move things from one bag to another (or leave something behind) if one of my bags is a little overweight.  My daughter weighed all of them on a digital scale but one never knows if it's precisely calibrated to the one at the airport and a couple of them were within a pound of the maximum weight.

So, tomorrow I fly out and arrive in Quito at 11:00 pm.  I will spend the night in a lovely little hotel (where they feed me breakfast the following morning.  My private car and driver will pick me up there that same day around noon.  I'll be in another adorable hotel there until the 15th when I move in to my cute little apartment,  The woman from whom I am renting the apartment is going to introduce me to the city, the best stalls at the market, people she knows,etc.  That is such a generous thing for her to do.

I'll need to find a doctor fairly soon--preferably one who speaks English-- to X-ray my arm when it's time for the cast to come off. If there is no English-speaking doctor available in Cotacachi, I'll just need to get a translator whe specializes in medical terminology.

This is the last you'll hear from me while I'm still in the States.  I won't be able to post again until I've had a little time to rest up and have a good internet connection.  It shouldn't be more than a few days.

The adventure contines!

No comments:

Post a Comment