Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Easter

I was talking to one of my friends this past Sunday and she asked how much Easter Bunny stuff happens here and what form it takes.  It wasn't until that very moment that I realized I hadn't seen one single chocolate bunny, garishly colored basket, or shred of cellophane grass--not even a marshmallow chick.  I don't know if it's like this throughout the country or if it's just the smaller towns.

I do know that Easter is a huge event here.  The young man with whom I share English/Spanish lessons is only available Monday through Wednesday this week because it's Holy Week.  The main tourist shopping street is going to be closed to traffic Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  It will be interesting to see how all of this is realized.  I'll be keeping closer track of activities around town for the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment