Sunday, April 8, 2012

First Night in Ecuador

I arrived at the Quito airport around 11:00 p.m.  By the time I cleared customs, got my luggage hauled out to the taxi stands, and taken to the little hotel I stayed in, it was at least midnight.  I didn't even look at the clock.

Fortunately there were three very strong young men who gladly carried my bags to my room on the second floor.  I had a choice of two beds.  Fortunately the young men opted to put three of my five bags on the one they did:
I don't think I would have been nearly as comfortable under all of those masks as I was under my lovely-but-bland wall hanging:
The bathroom was equally interesting:
The floor tile on the walls was a nice touch but my favorite part was that window up high.  It didn't face the street--it went into another room.  I just had to trust that the floor in that room was the same as mine or I don't think I would have been able to take my shower.  OK, maybe I would--I was pretty grubby after spending the previous day in airplanes and airports.  The excellent part was that there was hot water.  I've since been told that it's not necessarily a given.

Welcome to Ecuador.

No comments:

Post a Comment