Monday, June 25, 2012

Inti Raymi, Part IV, More Children

I just couldn't stop taking pictures of the little ones.  They're so adorable and they take this so seriously.

I'm not sure if she was praying, trying to keep from having to hold hands with her neighbor, or just seriously focused of what was happening.

Enter my favorite character of the day--this little fellow in white with his guitar, sunglasses, and giant hat hanging on his back (I think it must be his dad's).  Behind him is the most elaborate food display I saw.  In addition to fruit, it also had Ecuadorian bagels--they definitely aren't the ones I'm used to.  And last but not least, there's the adorable little girl in the front left who is enjoying herself to no end.

Do I even need to say anything?

These are the guys to the left of my favorite.  Can anyone say Blues Brothers?

One parting shot.

I never did see what everyone was looking at.  By the time I got back there, nothing was happening.

This may be the best shot I've gotten of a woman carrying her baby on her back.  From the looks of this one, it's more a toddler than a baby.

Such a face!

Another version of the masks people wear.  I rather like this one.

No, I have no idea why this guy is hanging onto a chicken, nor do I know what his wife has hidden under the fabric-draped basket she's holding.  If I needed a title for this I think it might be Ecuadorian Gothic.

 A general crowd scene with a tree of blow-up animals that would look right at home in the U.S.

This was the happiest group of people I saw all morning.

One more group heading toward to park to join in the fun and festivities.

He can hardly wait to get there.  I adore his hat!

So there you go, the kid's part in Inti Raymi.  Watch for more photos of the grown up activities in the days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment