Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Inti Raymi, Part V, Older Children


You saw the little kids from Friday, well here are the older ones from Saturday.  There are adults mixed in and some of the little ones as well but the event featured the school-aged children.

Here we are back at the park just over a half block from my apartment.  I'm so lucky to live so close to so much fun activity.









I still haven't figured out what the deal is with the multi-colored wigs and some of the other head gear but they make great pictures.


"I'm hurrying, Mami."


She's gentle as a lamb with the kids...

...but I sure wouldn't want to get in her way.

"Talk to the hand!"

Even the children have whips.

The Army has arrived.


I wish I could have gotten a better shot of this man.  He really looks like he might have come from the range and has his horse tied up just around the corner.  What a beautiful man.

I think this is my favorite hat and that's definitely one of my favorite kids (who am I kidding--they're all my favorite kids).


It's so hard for me to catch the sense of action but these kids leave no doubt in anyone's mind that they're stomping and dancing in earnest.



No comments:

Post a Comment