Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Chaos Before the Storm

I used to think this move was going to be so much easier than previous ones.  All I have to do is pick out what I'm taking with me and the rest of it goes in the yard sales.

It sounded great in theory.  What I've discovered is how many nooks and crannies I have and all the amazing things I have tucked away in them.  For instance, I had NO idea how many places I'd stashed yarn. 

This past Friday I wrote about all the yarn I had and how I had managed to get it all in one place.  Silly me.  It seems like every box or basket I open has more yarn in it.  As I was cleaning of shelves to put my kitchen stuff on, I came across a bag and a box that each contained yarn, not to mention a couple of bags that were on the floor in front of the shelves left from a previous attempt at taming the disorder. 

Tonight I decided to clean out a decorative box/trunk thing I have and when I opened the lid of this rather large piece of furniture if found--you guessed it--more yarn.  The good news is that the more yarn I find, the less attached I feel about it.  The box of yarn I'm not taking is now half again as much as what I'm taking and I'm not done yet.  I still have that trunk to clean out not to mention the box and bag from the other room.  At some point I will have to have stop finding yarn, right?  Someone is going to love getting all of it, that's for sure.

Now I'm going to focus on the bedroom closet for a little while.  I know there's no yarn in there.  I checked that out the other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment