Friday, February 24, 2012

More Help Keeps Coming

A woman I know from my fibromyalgia (and other such conditions) came over today and spent about 5 hours helping me get more organized.  We sorted and just started filling up the plastic bins I'm using as part of my baggage.  We didn't actually pack anything, we just put stuff in there so I could start getting a better idea of how much I can take and how much space it will take up.  I was actually pleasantly surprised to see how much fit into those bins.

Of course there will still be the process of sorting through it again and culling out things that aren't exactly essential.  Those are the hard decisions.  I have fabric and yarn my heart truly wants to take along on this journey but I also have kitchen ware and clothing that must take priority over everything else.

What I know for sure is that without my friend's help I would be looking around at a very different apartment than I am seeing right now.  I'm finally starting to believe this can actually happen without panic and total chaos.

I also have a couple of people coming over tomorrow to look at my bed and my sofa.  I would love to sell at least one of them tomorrow.  I'm getting so close to my budgeted income that taking it over the top in the next week would be pretty wonderful.

My wrist is still hurting pretty badly but my daughter tells me that's from using it too much.  I'm trying to be much more sensible and gentle with it.  As much as I hate packing, I still miss doing parts of it.  Tonight, for instance, I wanted to go in search of my summer duvet for my bed but I can move the boxes in front of the shelf where I still have a few boxes whose contents are a bit vague and fuzzy in my mind. Even if I could move those, I couldn't lift down the boxes from the upper shelf.

Well, since I can't do that, I'll just sit here and take apart a sweater I bought at a thrift store specifically for the yarn.  That's something I can still do with my broken wing.  I'll also finish listening to an audio book I have checked out from the library.  It's a tough job but someone has to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment