Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Just A General Update

It has truly been heartwarming to receive all the love, good wishes, excitement, and help I've been getting. I feel truly blessed to have that much love in my life.

On to a more mundane subject--the broken wrist.  I went to the doctor yesterday and he says the broken bone has managed to slide a tiny bit off kilter.  It was because I used my hand too much.  My daughter warned me--I didn't listen.  He threatened surgery (I vetoed that idea) and the upshot of the visit is that I got a removable cast but I had to promise to be much more careful and have an X-ray taken in a couple of weeks to make sure it's healing properly.  He also said I'm pretty much stuck the cast for another 6 weeks (rather then 4) because of the bone moving.  I promise to pay more attention to my daughter.

I found some totally cool bags to use to take my stuff with me.  I was using 22 gallon plastic bins to come in under the size limit but they don't hold nearly as much as would be helpful. 

When I started cruising around on Amazon it was to see if I could find a suitcase lighter than my current one which weighs 15 pounds all by itself.  I was finding lots of them that cost upwards of $100 and was about to give up when I found one that looked like it might just fit the bill.  While looking at that one and others like it, I found my dream moving container.  Rather than try to explain it, take a look for yourself  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00598NJU6/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details.  I love it!  I think I might even be able to take one less bag than it would have taken with the bins.  With the cost of excess baggage being what it is, that's a VERY good thing.

A friend took me to Red Lobster last night as a special way to say bon voyage.  It was a fabulous meal.  It will be good to have some of my favorite tastes still on my tongue when I get to a place where everything will be different.

I know--this isn't anything special as blog posts go but it's definitely a part of the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment