Thursday, February 23, 2012

Packing

Things are moving along swimmingly here.  I've been selling a lot of my stuff through "private showings" to friends and family.  That is making me very happy.  In fact, I've nearly reached my monetary goal for the sale and I still have much to sell.  Hurray for the budget!

Packing is still challenging.  Look around your house or apartment and decide which 250 pounds of stuff will you keep out of everything you own.  It's a far more daunting task than I had anticipated.  It would be much easier if certain items were available down there or, if available, didn't cost so much more than here.  I've been advised to bring pots and pans, linens, electronics, and paper goods.  So many things are so much less costly that it's sometimes hard to remember that things which must be imported will possibly cost more--if they're available at all.  I'm going to be counting on my many visitors to help bring items I'll have stored away with a relative or two.

Part of the possible emotionally "down" tone of this post is because I keep expecting my broken wrist to heal instantly or, if it can't heal that fast, to at least stop hurting!  I'm a spoiled brat. :>)

I see the Dr. again on Monday, so we'll see what he has to say.  I have faith and confidence it will be nothing but positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment